I don’t know about you, but I HATE going to get my nails done. Because of my love of beauty most people are actually surprised by this. Honestly me too. I love the way they look when they’re done, I just hate sitting there. To get TLC by someone that really knows what they are doing I will go 1-2 times per year. Back when I was first out on my own I also quickly learned its not cheap to consistently go to the nail salon. In an attempt to look like my life is together I found press on nails called imPress. I have been using them for the last 4-5 years. Back when the nails came in little nail polish looking packaging and they had literally 4 colors. Now they have all sorts of lengths, colors, and shapes really whatever you want. Best part is they are typically $8/ box. Typically I shower at night. When I get out of the shower and apply lotions I will apply my nails. It is super easy you cannot mess these up.
- Wash your hands or like I do shower- You can do these at any time but I recommend at night before you go to bed!
- Fit the press on nails to your actual nails. You want to get as close as possible to your natural nail size.
- Take the alcohol pad included and use to clean nails one more time.
- Take the file included and scuff up your nail. – This will help keep the nail attached
- Remove backing and press on nails starting with your pinky and moving to your thumb last. –As I apply I will continually apply pressure to each nail to assure they stick.
This whole process literally takes 5 minutes, 10 if I am really taking my time. And best of all there is no glue! You can do these anywhere and really they are life changing. The best part is this manicure lasts and entire week. Even as a mom they last this long. I’m talking diaper changes, bath time household chores, I am not easy on these babies. If I am really putting effort in here I can get them to last 2 weeks. They look professionally done and I receive so many compliments on them. I love how they look and it’s so easy to match the colors of the nails to a polish for my toes.
These nails are great if you are like me and dislike going to the salon, like to change up your nails, or you just want to save money. I highly recommend you check them out. You can purchase at your local Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc or go to their website. Here you can have access to all of their nails, including the solid collection and holiday/specialty nails.