Currently we are all in quarantine which means some of the easy things people do to stay happy are no longer an option. Meaning going out to eat, hang out at bars, go to the gym etc. That is until we see things start to ease. When locked in the house it’s easy for depression to set in. As a stay at home parent/worker here are some things that help me stay sane and happy.
- Decide you are going to be happy ahead of time. If you think you are going to have a bad day chances are you will. By going into the day with positive vibes and you will have a better day.
- Take the time to get ready- I am all for sitting in sweats, but I am more productive and overall happier when I take the time to style my hair, get dressed, and put on makeup.
- Don’t worry about other people’s problems.
- Don’t take things too personally
- Don’t waste time holding grudges
- Find happiness in yourself first- What do you like? What do you believe in? When you know who you are you are more likely to be confident making you happier.
- Nurture your relationships- Don’t be in a relationship that does not make you happy. Whether that be with your partner, family members, or friends.
Now is the best time to focus on what you want in your life. Who knows how long we’ll be stuck inside so why not use it to get in a good mental space? While you should practice social distancing the beauty of the age we live in is there are Video Calls to help communicate. Go outside and take a walk. Spring is here and you can feel the weather starting to warm up. Going for a walk around the block will put you in fresh air that instantly makes you feel better.